Wednesday 7 December 2011

Three Stoogies Remake - But Why????

I am a vintage girl, classic movies are my favourite.  But when I heard today through the grapevine that they are making a remake of the three stoogies.  But why I asked myself.  Maybe I am being negative about it.  But can there be a modern day version of these classic movies?   Maybe I'm just being nostalgic for the hilarious movies from childhood.  But dad just loved these movies.  I remember sitting beside him on the lounge watching these movies over and over again.  We never got sick of them.  That slap stick humour.  Was great for that period of time.  No-one did it better than the three stoogies.  When you think of slap stick.  I think of curly.  Not many words were spoken just punching and eye poking is what made these films funny for the day.  My dad used to watch them over and over again.  Now that I think about it.  He would just love the collection of these film on DVDs.  I know they did Dummer and Dummer in the 1990s but can they remake this old classic and make it better than the original.  In my opinion it will have to be seen to be believed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm your first follower. That is very cool!
    I'm hoping that the 3 Stooges film is more about the career of the Stooges and not an attempt to remake the trio. That could never fly in my opinion. Several years back there was a TV movie that was about the 3 Stooges act as they worked through vaudeville and into their later years. That was pretty good. A big screen treatment of that story is the only one that would work as far as I'm concerned.

    Hope you'll join us in Blogging from A to Z in April. Watch the site for news--sign ups start January 30.

    Lee
    visit me at:
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete