Monday 5 December 2011

Are books dead?

No one reads anymore.  Are books dead?  You can borrow a book from the library, and experience that sweet smeal of the musty pages.  Which an e book can't give.  Are we really living in a disposable world that books will no longer exist.  Magazine, books and newspaper sales have declined over the last 5 years.  Why does no one read anymore, has technology taken over and people just play games.  These take attention also.  Just like a book does.  These are questions that I often ask myself.  TV is not just a new technology so I can't blame the decline in book sales to this technology.  But could it be the internet, is this the monster that has taken the joy out of reading a book old fashioned book.  I hope that I pass my passion of reading to my son.  As we have a whole box full of children books that he reads over and over again.    I love to see his little eyes light up when he turns the pages.  You cant not get that joy from a computer.  Says I the person that is typing this blog.  HA HA HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment